You don't have to be Irish to celebrate St. Patricks Day. Kid love St. Patrick's Day and there's plenty you can do to make the day special for them.
Here are a few ideas:
- Green Milk Pour them a glass of milk or top cereal with the green milk you added green food coloring to. Tell then the Leprechaun must have done it.
- Green Toilet Water Add some green liquid food coloring to the water in the toilet. Oops, I guess the Leprechaun forgot to flush the toilet!
- Make a Leprechaun Trap The kids love getting creative making a trap to try to catch the Leprechaun each year. You can see a couple examples of what they have made below.
- Eat Lucky Charms for breakfast. The kids don't get a lot of sugary cereals, but we do like to buy certain ones as treats for different holidays.
- Make Green Pancakes for breakfast. If Lucky Charms aren't your thing, add some green dye to your pancake mix. You can even make them the night before and just microwave them in the morning if there's not the time to make them in the morning.
- Green Eggs If you didn't make green eggs for Dr. Seuss's birthday, you can always make them for St. Patrick's Day. Today is the day to add green food dye to anything you can!
- Have Green Mint Milkshakes Yum we love mint milkshakes. St. Patrick's Day is a great excuse to have one
- Hide Gold Coins Around the House If you can't find the gold wrapped chocolate coins, get some Oreos and use Wiltons Color Mist to spray them Gold
- Eat Key Lime Pie We love key lime pie, and it's so easy to make with this recipe!
- Make a St. Patrick's Day Craft Check out our St. Patrick's Kids Craft Pinterest Board
- Add a Lunchbox Note (shaped like a 4 leaf clover or rainbow) in their lunch
- Make Green Slime We have a recipe for glittery green slime.
- Make a Fruit Loop Rainbow Necklace The kids can string fruit loops onto some string. They can wear it and then nibble on it for a snack.
- Have a Scavenger Hunt See who can find the most green things in the house!
- Learn the History of St. Patrick's Day You can learn about it here.
Don't forget to wear green!
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Quick links to get you where you want to go:
Macaroni Kid Roseville-Rocklin-Lincoln is published weekly to keep parents "in the know" about great activities in our area for the kids. Subscribe to our e-newsletter so you don't miss a thing and be eligible to enter our giveaways! If you already subscribe, help us spread the word to others!
Check out the other Macaroni Kids sites in our area!
We do our best to ensure that all event information is accurate, however sometimes dates and times get changed, or an event may be canceled, and we are not made aware of it. It is always best to check with the event website or Facebook page listing to be sure before going.