Raw pasta, macaroni, and assorted shapes
Hand sanitizer (preferably plain without any moisturizer)
Food coloring (liquid or gel)
waxed paper or parchment paper
plastic gloves (optional)
Pipe cleaners or craft cord
- Add 8 pumps of hand sanitizer and 8-10 drops of food coloring to bag...no need to premix!
- Fill bag half full with raw pasta leave room for mixing. Squeeze air out and seal bag.
- Now squeeze and mix! (make sure the bag is sealed!)
- Spread pasta out to dry on waxed paper or parchment. It will dry in about 2 hours or overnight.
- Now, thread your pasta through pipe cleaners or cord. To make the shamrock, thread 4 elbow macaroni pieces and then twist or tie them together. (this is tricky so if you are using a pipe cleaner, start threading at the end with the sharpest curve). They will form a shamrock shape! Continue threading other pasta.
Quick links to get you where you want to go:
Macaroni Kid Roseville-Rocklin-Lincoln is published weekly to keep parents "in the know" about great activities in our area for the kids. Subscribe to our e-newsletter so you don't miss a thing and be eligible to enter our giveaways! If you already subscribe, help us spread the word to others!
Check out the other Macaroni Kids sites in our area!
We do our best to ensure that all event information is accurate, however sometimes dates and times get changed, or an event may be canceled, and we are not made aware of it. It is always best to check with the event website or Facebook page listing to be sure before going.